Make Yourself at Home in Peoria IL!
Are you looking for a hidden gem amongst the fields of corn in Central Illinois? Why not check out what the great city of Peoria has to offer? Peoria is one of the oldest cities in Illinois, first established in 1691 by the French explorer Henri de Tonti. Today, Peoria is a lively city with plenty of opportunities for newcomers. Whether visiting or perusing the homes for sale in Peoria IL, there’s a little something for everyone in this historic city.
Looking for Something to Do?
Peoria offers plenty of activities for visitors or residents, both day and night. Sports, theatre, nature and more are sure to occupy your time when looking for something to do.
- Dozer Park – Take your family out to Dozer Park to enjoy one of America’s favorite pastimes: baseball! Dozer Park is home to the Peoria Chiefs, the Class A baseball affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals. Dozer Park often throws fun events and themed days for baseball fans of all ages.
- Peoria Zoo – If you’re an animal lover, then you’ll love a trip to the Peoria Zoo! The Peoria Zoo is home to over 100 species of animals from all around the globe. There are daily activities that offer the chance to interact with the animals in fun and exciting ways!
- Community Theatre – The theatre scene is alive and well at the heart of Peoria. Between Cornstock Theatre, Peoria Players and Eastlight Theatre, there’s always a show running in the area. Additionally, each venue is unique, and the local acting and singing talent is a delight to watch.
- Peoria Riverfront Museum – Featuring art, science, history and achievement, the Peoria Riverfront Museum is the only multidisciplinary museum of its kind in the nation. Here you can experience major exhibitions, interactive galleries, a permanent collection, a dome planetarium and more.
Experience the Nightlife
For the night owl in your life, Peoria offers a fun and vibrant nightlife for both the partiers and the more laidback.
- Jukebox Comedy Club – Looking for somewhere to laugh off the stress of the day? Try the Jukebox Comedy Club! Some of the funniest names in comedy perform sets on this stage.
- Gone Axe Throwing – What’s better than a beer with friends while throwing axes at targets? The answer is not much! Gone Axe Throwing offers a unique experience for a night out with friends.
- Pitch Karaoke Bar – Whether you’re good at singing, or just think you are, the Pitch Karaoke Bar is an excellent stop on your night out. Sing your heart out with friends to your favorite songs.
- Harvest Supper Club and Vintage Lounge – Want a quieter night out? Stop by Harvest Supper Club. Sample the best farm-to-table cuisine in Peoria in a casual and relaxing atmosphere.
- Saddle Up – Prepare to let loose and dance the night away at Saddle Up. This venue is Peoria’s only Country themed nightclub, and a must-visit for those who want some excitement in their night.
- 8 Bit Arcade Bar – Travel back in time and play on some of your favorite arcade cabinets, all for the price of one drink! 8 Bit Arcade Bar offers a fun experience for videogame enthusiasts and casual gamers alike.
Plenty of Opportunities
Business is booming in Peoria, and there are plenty of work opportunities for those searching. Whether looking for a part-time job or a full-time salaried position, Peoria has the work you’re looking for. According to the 2012 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Peoria, these were some of the top employers for the city:
- Unity Point Health
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
- Peoria Public Schools District 150
- Bradley University
Achieve a higher education at the colleges and universities offered in and around Peoria. From smaller private colleges to large-scale universities, you’re sure to get the knowledge you’re looking for.
- Bradley University – The largest university in Peoria, offering 4-year undergraduate programs and graduate degrees is Bradley University. They house five academic colleges, a graduate school and an NCAA Division 1 athletics program.
- Illinois Central College – If looking for your associate degree or wanting to jump-start your college career, Illinois Central College is the best choice for you. ICC is the area’s leading two-year community college, offering degrees in a wide range of subjects.
- Methodist College – With the significant presence of health professionals in Peoria, it’s no wonder they’re educated here in the city. Methodist College is the area’s largest nursing school. The school itself is affiliated with UnityPoint Health.
Find a Place to Settle
With the incredible activities, entertainment, education and job opportunities available to residents, it makes Peoria the ideal city to settle in. Moreover, if you’re interested in starting a life here and looking for homes for sale in Peoria IL, Professional Leasing & Real Estate Services can help you out.
At PLS, we have 25 plus years of experience in the Peoria real estate market. If looking for the best areas to live with convenience to amenities, excellent school systems, quiet neighborhoods and more, we’ve got you covered. Also, when you buy a house through us, we share a portion of our commissions with you. And if looking to lease or rent a property instead, we have plenty of options to choose from.
To start looking for the best homes for sale in Peoria IL, call the experts at Professional Leasing & Real Estate Services today. You can contact us at (309) 691-0900. Also, we are located at 7227 N University St, Peoria, IL 61614.